Location: Wauconda, IL
Type of Employment: Small Engine Repair Mechanic
Job Summary: Performs diagnostics, service repairs, and maintenance work on customer and dealer owned turf and commercial equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs diagnostics and repairs on outdoor power, turf, and commercial equipment including commercial zero turn and walk behind mowers, lawn tractors, utility vehicles, compact utility tractors, and hand held products.
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing assigned duties.
- Assembly and set up of new equipment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience performing service repairs.
- Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following technical manual procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in the repair of turf and commercial equipment.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs repeatedly.
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred.
- Valid driver's licence is required.
- Fork lift experience.
- Competitive pay based on experience.
- Competitive benefits.
Job Type: Full Time
***Email resume to: email@example.com